Earn money while you SHOP

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Monday, January 21, 2013

Kinky-Curly Review...photos and more.

Hey everyone,

So, when I initially went natural a few people talked and raved about the Kinky-Curly custard and the Kinky-Curly come clean.
I am not sure about how others may view some products, but before having any knowledge of the natural hair community, I felt certain products were aimed at specific races and hair textures. So, when I seen the Kinky-Curly campaign ladies I assumed this was not for African american women. Therefore, my urgency to try the products had died!

I have a daughter who's hair texture is very different than mines, she has a looser curl pattern. Using the Hair typing chart, she would be between a 3B/3C. I didn't think this really mattered when it came to hair care products, so, whatever I'd use I definitely allowed my children to use as well.
My first wrong move...

I assumed my daughter had "Good Hair." Once again, because I was uneducated about hair.
My second wrong move...

After trying and trying many different products, all natural and non-natural products, I gave up. I just begun keeping her hair in cornrows and bow-bows with twists.

Well, something clicked in my head and I thought about the campaign ladies for Kinky-Curly. Their hair reminded me of my daughters hair. So, I wanted to try this product all over again.

I recently purchased the entire line.


To say the least I was excited and anxious to try these on my daughters hair.


I started with Kinky-Curly Come Clean Shampoo (smells wonderful,like tangerines), I used the shampoo at her roots and then I allowed the shampoo to run down her hair to clean the rest. I did this once thoroughly.




I followed up with Kinky-Curly Knot Today. I used this to aid in detangling her hair, softening her hair, and conditioning her hair. I did not rinse it out.








After, detangling, I used the Kinky - Curly Curling Custard. I twisted each section and then wrapped it around forming a Bantu knot. And put a Satin Bonnet on her head... Good Night!




RESULTS:

-Dry
-Dull
-Hard Hair



As you can see this is Sa'mani eating her breakfast. This is the following morning, some areas were damp and some were just hard and dry. I figured since she had the custard in her hair she'd be fine, so I let her go to school with it just like this!

End of The Day Results:
-Dry
-Tangled
-Still hard in certain areas (mainly the ends)



Okay...Okay. So, this was only my first try. I don't like to mix other products when I know I am going to review it and when I know I want to see how the entire line works together. I didn't add anything extra, no oil, no hair milk, nothing. This was only the Kinky-Curly Line.

Second Attempt:

I only used the Kinky-Curly Knot Today and a wide tooth comb. I set her hair in Big Box braids and a satin bonnet.


The following morning: Wonderful definition and it was softer than the 1st day. After unraveling ALL her braids, I used some 100% pure Now Foods Grapeseed Oil and some Knot Today in my hands, rubbed them together, and smoothed it over her sections.







For her edges I used the Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste ( WONDERFUL product).

End of The Day Results:
-Soft
-Full
-Defined


Would I buy these products again? NO!!! Why? These products did nothing spectacular that any other cheaper product would do. Do I recommend these products? NO. Why? I have better experiences with Curls products and achieve better results.

What are your thoughts? Have you used the Kinky-Curly line? What were your results?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take my journey and use it to help you in a way that fits your life style! I am happy to be able to assist in any way. Always loved hair, not only mines, but all hair, and I am loving this new realm of ME and my tresses!