Earn money while you SHOP

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Friday, September 20, 2013

Dry Scalp...Could it be more?

On September 14th, 2013 I decided I would give my SCALP some specific TLC due to the excessive itching and crust like findings (extreme dry scalp). For the past few weeks, my scalp was itching like nobodies business, so of course I would go for search and destroy to stop the itching, but I would come across a little patch which felt like crust and it felt like it was a little lump. Well, I did not take the time to actually look on my scalp, I would pick the crust off my scalp and observe what it was, it was dry looking like dead skin. But I was not too sure what would cause this on my scalp. So a few weeks ago I went online and seen the different issues like Seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis.  

After reading the different symptoms, I honestly believe I have Seborrheic Dermatitis and since the heat was on HIGH a lot during the past summer months, I was shampooing more frequently and oiling my scalp with JBCO (heavy oil). Different articles have had similar cures, stating not to overload the scalp with too much oil, because too much oil can allow the yeast to continue to grow. Seborrheic Dermatitis is not contagious and is a chronic skin disorder. It does NOT mean you are unclean or unhygienic.

When I remove the crust, it would not bleed but sometimes a hair may or may not be attached to it. However, I was able to use my Scalp Oil remedy ( Extra Virgin Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Vitamin E oil, JBCO, and Tea Tree Oil) to alleviate the symptoms. 

On Saturday I began with a Hot oil treatment which consisted of  massaging oils  into my scalp in small sections and carefully examining the areas with the crust on my scalp.  The warmness of the oils on my scalp felt soothing and pampering. I continued to oil my entire head and do some de-tangling.

Finally, I took a plastic cap and covered my head, then I used my Heat therapy wrap for 25 minutes just to give myself a deeper hot oil treatment. I allowed the oils to seep into my follicles by doing this as an overnight treatment.  The following day I mixed 2 tablespoons of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and 9 - 10 oz of water in a spray bottle (easier distribution) and clarified my scalp! I felt like I was in heaven... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take my journey and use it to help you in a way that fits your life style! I am happy to be able to assist in any way. Always loved hair, not only mines, but all hair, and I am loving this new realm of ME and my tresses!